- TransitTimes+ now has real-time Sydney train and bus data
- One of only 6 apps with access to the data
- Available for iPhone, iPad and Android from http://transittim.es/get
- Made by Adelaide-based app developer Quentin Zervaas
- Press release: Gladys Berejiklian real-time train apps released
The NSW Minister for Transport, Gladys Berejiklian, today announced that real-time Sydney train information is available exclusively in a number of mobile phone applications.
One of those apps is TransitTimes+! The new 7.0 update for TransitTimes+ include real-time train and bus positions for Sydney, as well as up-to-date service alert information for the CityRail and Sydney Buses network.
As the only Adelaide-based developer involved in the process, I’ve travelled to Sydney a number of times recently to first pitch at their “App Hot House”, then to work with the team at RailCorp on implementing the real-time solution.
RailCorp actively engaged the 6 development teams to improve the real-time data offered, including GPS positions of trains and notifications when there’s delayed services or elevator outages.
For any additional information or to request an interview, please contact Quentin Zervaas (firstname.lastname@example.org)